Not abel to generate stable video stream with ptyhon

Not abel to generate stable video stream with ptyhon

Harriebo
Hello,

I am working on stream generator for my video mapping set, but I am not able to get the image steady.
I open a v4l2loopback device with python-v4l2 and generate a video stream through it based on png etc, zo can generate live video's in my vj set and still video map them and apply effects.

Test case:
1) load v4l2loopback module
2) run python:
import fcntl, numpy
from v4l2 import *
from PIL import Image
height = 600
width = 634
device = open('/dev/video4', 'wb')
print(device)
capability = v4l2_capability()
print(fcntl.ioctl(device, VIDIOC_QUERYCAP, capability))
print("v4l2 driver: " + capability.driver)
format = v4l2_format()
format.type = V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_OUTPUT
format.fmt.pix.pixelformat = V4L2_PIX_FMT_RGB32
format.fmt.pix.width = width
format.fmt.pix.height = height
format.fmt.pix.field = V4L2_FIELD_NONE
format.fmt.pix.bytesperline = format.fmt.pix.width * 4
format.fmt.pix.sizeimage = format.fmt.pix.width * format.fmt.pix.height * 4
format.fmt.pix.colorspace = V4L2_COLORSPACE_SRGB
print(fcntl.ioctl(device, VIDIOC_S_FMT, format))
img = Image.open('img/0.png')
img = img.convert('RGBA')
while True:
    device.write(numpy.array(img))
3) run Cheese or other v4l2 stream viewer.

The result is a proper colored and sized image, but it jumps very frame from left to right and always a little more to the left so you get a sliding and jumpy video result.
What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,

Harriebo

ps: if you woul like to see the results check: http://www.facebook.com/vjharriebo So far the LiVES, puredate, gem video mapping setup is working greath.