DM6446

chetan patil
Has any one worked upon DM6446 for v4l2.?

I'm getting some issues.
When i give input to the board from RCA cable
via a camera then i'm unable to get any output on screen.

I think some kernel modules for v4l2 are missing.

Please let me know if any one had come across such issue!

Thanks.

Chetan Arvind Patil,
+919970018364
<http://sites.google.com/site/chtpatil/>

Re: DM6446

fpantaleao
Chetan,

I think you should post your request at linux-media at vger.kernel.org
which is the official active mailing list.
You may find answers in archives at www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/

Florian

chetan patil <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Has any one worked upon DM6446 for v4l2.?
>
> I'm getting some issues.
> When i give input to the board from RCA cable
> via a camera then i'm unable to get any output on screen.
>
> I think some kernel modules for v4l2 are missing.
>
> Please let me know if any one had come across such issue!
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Chetan Arvind Patil,
> +919970018364
> <http://sites.google.com/site/chtpatil/>

Re: DM6446

chetan patil
Does any one has resources/source of XAWTV ?!

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Chetan,
>
> I think everything is in there:
> http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/v4l2spec/capture.c
> you can read in HTML at:
> http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/capture-example.html
>
> Also you can download MBS270 V2 example programs at :
> http://www.mobisensesystems.com/fics/xscale_BSPs/2009_08/app.tar.bz2
>
> Best regards,
>
> FP
>

> chetan patil <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>  Thanks.
>>
>> Can i get some idea on how to work on with my webcam to
>> capture imgaes using v4l2.
>>
>> Then i think i will get some idea about how to proceed further with other
>> things.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:52 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>  Chetan,
>>>
>>> I think you should post your request at linux-media at
>>> vger.kernel.orgwhich is the official active mailing list.
>>>
>>> You may find answers in archives at www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/
>>>
>>> Florian
>>>
>>> chetan patil <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>>  Has any one worked upon DM6446 for v4l2.?

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Chetan Arvind Patil,
>> +919970018364
>> <http://sites.google.com/site/chtpatil/>

Chetan Arvind Patil,
+919970018364
<http://sites.google.com/site/chtpatil/>

Re: DM6446

Charlie X. Liu
It's in:

http://rbytes.net/linux/xawtv-review/
http://linux.wareseeker.com/Multimedia/xawtv-3.95.zip/322997
http://nixbit.com/cat/multimedia/video/xawtv/

> Does any one has resources/source of XAWTV ?!
>
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Chetan,
>>
>> I think everything is in there:
>> http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/v4l2spec/capture.c
>> you can read in HTML at:
>> http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/capture-example.html
>>
>> Also you can download MBS270 V2 example programs at :
>> http://www.mobisensesystems.com/fics/xscale_BSPs/2009_08/app.tar.bz2
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> FP
>>

>> chetan patil <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>>  Thanks.
>>>
>>> Can i get some idea on how to work on with my webcam to
>>> capture imgaes using v4l2.
>>>
>>> Then i think i will get some idea about how to proceed further with
>>> other
>>> things.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:52 PM, <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Chetan,

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Chetan Arvind Patil,
>>> +919970018364
>>> <http://sites.google.com/site/chtpatil/>
>>>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Chetan Arvind Patil,
> +919970018364
> <http://sites.google.com/site/chtpatil/>

Re: DM6446

Phillip Pi
Wow, these are old. Did Xawtv project die or something? Is there an
updated fork or anything? I never got my old ASUS TV tuner to work
with it. :(

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:25:48AM -0600, [hidden email] wrote:
> It's in:
>
> http://rbytes.net/linux/xawtv-review/
> http://linux.wareseeker.com/Multimedia/xawtv-3.95.zip/322997
> http://nixbit.com/cat/multimedia/video/xawtv/
>

> > Does any one has resources/source of XAWTV ?!
--
Quote of the Week: "A coconut shell full of water is a(n) sea/ocean to an ant." --Indians
  /\___/\          Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
| |o   o| |                 E-mail: [hidden email]/[hidden email]
   \ _ /              If crediting, then please kindly use Ant nickname
    ( )                                              and AQFL URL/link.

Re: DM6446

chetan patil
Hey.

I want to cross compile the source code for arm based processor.

I don't want to compile it on Linux distro.
The target platform is MontaVista.
Board: Dm6446.

Thanks.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Phillip Pi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wow, these are old. Did Xawtv project die or something? Is there an
> updated fork or anything? I never got my old ASUS TV tuner to work
> with it. :(
>

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:25:48AM -0600, [hidden email] wrote:
> > It's in:
> >
> > http://rbytes.net/linux/xawtv-review/
> > http://linux.wareseeker.com/Multimedia/xawtv-3.95.zip/322997
> > http://nixbit.com/cat/multimedia/video/xawtv/
> >

> > > Does any one has resources/source of XAWTV ?!
> --
> Quote of the Week: "A coconut shell full of water is a(n) sea/ocean to an
> ant." --Indians
>  /\___/\          Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
>  / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
> | |o   o| |                 E-mail: [hidden email]/[hidden email]
>   \ _ /              If crediting, then please kindly use Ant nickname
>    ( )                                              and AQFL URL/link.

Chetan Arvind Patil,
+919970018364
<http://sites.google.com/site/chtpatil/>

RE: DM6446

Charlie X. Liu
1) Is your driver for ASUS TV tuner right?
2) tvtime ( http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/ ) may work for you better, as
it's designed for TV tuner type of capture cards.
3) For V4L/V4L2 compliance test, I like Xawtv better (personally). Though
it's old, it's mature and stable.

Best regards,

Charlie X. Liu @ Sensoray Co.

Wow, these are old. Did Xawtv project die or something? Is there an
updated fork or anything? I never got my old ASUS TV tuner to work
with it. :(

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:25:48AM -0600, [hidden email] wrote:
> It's in:
>
> http://rbytes.net/linux/xawtv-review/
> http://linux.wareseeker.com/Multimedia/xawtv-3.95.zip/322997
> http://nixbit.com/cat/multimedia/video/xawtv/
>

> > Does any one has resources/source of XAWTV ?!
--
Quote of the Week: "A coconut shell full of water is a(n) sea/ocean to an
ant." --Indians
  /\___/\          Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
 / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |                 E-mail: [hidden email]/[hidden email]
   \ _ /              If crediting, then please kindly use Ant nickname
    ( )                                              and AQFL URL/link.

Re: DM6446

chetan patil
Actually i want to capture input from Videon input on board and display it
on to screen.

Wanted to cross compile Xawtv for the board and check whether the Xawtv can
fetch
video from video in and display it.

I'm trying to compile XAWTV 3.95 for arm board.

Setting configure as: ./configure
--prefix=/home/chetanpatil/workdir/filesys/ CC=arm_v5t_le-gcc --host=arm

But while doing make.
I'm getting error as:

console/fbtv.c:339: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
console/fbtv.c:340: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
console/fbtv.c: In function `do_capture':
console/fbtv.c:405: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
console/fbtv.c:406: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
console/fbtv.c:443: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
console/fbtv.c:444: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
console/fbtv.c: In function `main':
console/fbtv.c:755: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
console/fbtv.c:773: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make: *** [console/fbtv.o] Error 1

Hope you got what my main problem is!!

Thanks.!

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:25:04AM -0800, Charlie X. Liu wrote:
> 1) Is your driver for ASUS TV tuner right?

I assume it is. I had help from various people in my very long
newsgroup/usenet forum thread in
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.hardware/browse_frm/thread/eced1d3cf6497abf
... Check those out. See what we did and tried. We failed to make xawtv
work with it. We THINK we got the drivers working based on dmesg
results, but we don't get any video (only blue color) or audio.

> 2) tvtime ( http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/ ) may work for you better, as
> it's designed for TV tuner type of capture cards.

Wow, this one is old too. What's up with these very old programs? :( Is
TV tuner and capture cards not popular in Linux? :(

Anyways, I downloaded tvtime v1.0.2-6.1 from apt-get, with 48 other new
packages. I see my TV/capture card is supported according to
http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/cards.html#cx88 ... I have never done any
TV and video capture cards. I am mainly interested in the video
capturing from my VCR and other video sources. I don't care for the TV
stuff since I have HDTV tuner cards in my Windows box (had no problems
with my ASUS TV tuner/capture card).

> 3) For V4L/V4L2 compliance test, I like Xawtv better (personally). Though
> it's old, it's mature and stable.

Thanks. :)