Advice needed: gspca IR LED control

Gordon Smith-4
Hello everyone,

I have a Z-Star Microelectronics Corp. ZC0305 USB WebCam that works fine
during daylight with the gspca webcam driver.
I'd like to turn on the IR LED's on the webcam for nighttime capture and it
looks like the driver doesn't have that capability.

Any advice on how to find out how to control the LED's?

In addition to Linux, I have a windows machine with the capture software
that came with the webcam that turns on the LED's during capture.
Would it be difficult to capture and interpret USB traffic on the windows
machine?

Cheers,
Gordon

Re: Advice needed: gspca IR LED control

Jean-Francois Moine
On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 11:17 -0700, Gordon Smith wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hello Gordon,

> I have a Z-Star Microelectronics Corp. ZC0305 USB WebCam that works fine
> during daylight with the gspca webcam driver.
> I'd like to turn on the IR LED's on the webcam for nighttime capture and it
> looks like the driver doesn't have that capability.
>
> Any advice on how to find out how to control the LED's?

If I know the right sequence to send to the webcam, I may add an IR
control.

> In addition to Linux, I have a windows machine with the capture software
> that came with the webcam that turns on the LED's during capture.
> Would it be difficult to capture and interpret USB traffic on the windows
> machine?

Fine! May you send me such a USB trace? (I better like text traces as
those done by sniffbin)

Thank you.

--
Ken ar c'hentaƱ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/

Re: Advice needed: gspca IR LED control

Schierenbeck